Saturday, September 25, 2010

Goofing Off



I decided to take a break form the winder today and play with another item that has been on my plate and let me say I 'm sooo happy I have a lathe.  I was having problems mounting up a cartridge and needed to make a counterweight for my tonearm.



 As you can see this is not a replacement but an additional weight that was needed to mount up a rather unique cartridge that I finished up today and lets just say it has a bit more mass than the average cart. 

 

Granted it ain't pretty but it is playing music as I type and another concept has been "proven" Even though it is mounted on an arm chosen for a lightweight strain gauge cartridge the concept shows a lot of promise.  Special props go to barrett and the others that have given me the donor carts to play with.

Sorry for the blurry picture, the exposure was 5 seconds and the record had a bit of warp.

If anyone has a dead denon 103 cart, please consider sending it to me to further this project.

dave

2 comments:

  1. I have one with a bent cantilever - can you use it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also - I'm thinking L. D-Mo needs a solid brass flowerpot hat for his birthday, and I know just the guy to turn one out for him!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive