Wednesday, September 7, 2011

the occasional 'For Sale' ad....

Dave approved the occasional for sale advertisement... so here is a wild throwback.. an integrated 45 SE amp... this is like the second amplifier I ever built... pretty good condition considering... I reworked it a bit when Bruce went to tri-amping his horns... we yanked the parallel feed output stage and went to juicy nickel from dave... so it was never meant to be full range... it ran either his mids or treble.. and I think the Avant Garde speakers are 12 ohms.... but Bruce is a solderable DIY'er, so we designed and he built a big six channel SE amp... pretty fly.. I will get pictures next time I visit...

here it is with "vintage" knobs:


and again with "modern" knobs:


circuit and measurements shown here... it is wild for me to look back at how I did some things back then... I built it for a budget, so it was a case of few parts, but good ones.. teflon coupling caps... some MQ chokes in teh power supply... film caps as last PS and cathode bypass... I now use mercury and too many power supplies, but this is really clean... just two triodes used in their linear range.. hard to not make music with that scheme....


I can gap it down and drop the -3dB point to the high 20's... that would make it full range for people running 8" drivers... the lack of a bottom half octave would actually clean up the sound a bit... or I can swap the outputs for parallel feed... or drop in something bigger with more inductance... or convert to 46's... or 2A3's for a bit more power... it is up to you... I have about $1500 in trade value in it... I can add to that for some customization, or drop ship it as is with a pair of ST45's...

if you have any interest, send email.. experiencemusic at hotmail dot com...

thanks!

Peace,
Me

1 comment:

  1. Sold! thank you for the bandwidth... and someone new is getting that yummy nickel output - first fix... not quite free, but cheap....

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive